News Sources-Blog #1


I get my news from several different sources because I like to hear multiple points of view. I want to understand all sides of an issue. I want to hear other perspectives, so I can decide where I stand on any particular issue. Here are five of my favorite news sources. 


1. Fox News:

To be honest, I started watching Fox News with my parents when I was young. They made me and my siblings watch Fox News, CNN, and BBC every weekend. They instilled in us the belief that it is important to know all the different views so we can make our own decisions. Now that I am old enough to vote I realize that this was really good advice. So now, I watch Fox News because I want to hear the conservative point of view. It is important to get the conservative point of view because it is a Presidential election year. I want to make sure I hear both sides before I vote in November. I would recommend this news source because it will give you the conservative view that you will not get on any of the other mainstream media stations. 

www.foxnews.com 


2. CNN:

I watch CNN because I want to hear the liberal point of view as well. I get a completely different viewpoint from Fox News. It is amazing how divided this country is these days. The CNN shows have many commentators so you are exposed to several different views in one show. These shows use a panel format which usually consists of four to six people. I would recommend this news source because it provides great political coverage and gives a liberal viewpoint.

www.cnn.com


3. BBC:

I also watch BBC. I have traveled to Europe many times. I have also been to the Dominican Republic. I learned about different cultures and their political systems. By watching BBC, I can hear the European view of America. I can also learn about what is going on in other countries around the world. I would recommend this channel because our American news channels do not cover the rest of the world as extensively as the BBC.

www.BBC.co.uk


4. ESPN:

I love sports! I am an avid sports fan. ESPN is my news source for sports. Instead of going to multiple different sources such as MLB, NFL, MLS, and the Golf Channel, which only cover their specific sport, ESPN covers all sports such as baseball, football, soccer, and golf. I can get my sports updates from one place. I would highly recommend this source. You can get all your sports scores, highlights, and breaking news. ESPN keeps all sports fans up to date on the latest news in sports.

www.espn.com


5. This Week on ABC:

I have been watching This Week recently because it is a very good political commentary show. This being an election year, I want to stay informed about everything going on with the candidates. This show gives political analysis, and interviews with government officials and also has a panel which discusses all the latest news.I would recommend this news source for the next six months to stay informed before the Presidential election in November.

www.abd.com/thisweek


  











Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Privacy Lost

Values of Free Expression